Topic: For the readers of WM: Resources on empirical time to consider as
a foundation for mathematics

Replies: 10   Last Post: Mar 21, 2013 11:34 PM

Scott Berg

Re: For the readers of WM: Resources on empirical time to consider as a foundation for mathematics

"fom" <fomJUNK@nyms.net> wrote in message
> On 3/20/2013 4:36 PM, AMeiwes wrote:
>> "fom" <fomJUNK@nyms.net> wrote in message

>>> In the post,

>>> WM has made the remarks,
>>>
>>> "This is deplorable because mathematic
>>> like no other part of "arts"depends on
>>> physics."

>> wrong => math is not art. physics depends on math.
>>

> In fairness, the reference to "art" here involves the
> distinction between the convocation of Masters of Arts
> degrees and Masters of Science degrees in the system
> of higher education. That, however, is irrelevant to
> what is meant in relation to the relative logical
> priority between mathematics and physics.

..... so what does "relevant relative logical priority" actually mean?

>>> "Reality is the ultimate arbiter since
>>> mathematics has been abstracted from
>>> reality."

>> circular thinking since one is thinking in circles.
>>

> I, personally, have no problem with circularity.
> At issue, however, is the correctness of its application,
> and "thinking in circles" is disqualified.

if disqualification leads to disagreement, I agree