Topic: Compactifications
Replies: 6   Last Post: Mar 24, 2013 2:05 PM

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

Re: Compactifications

In <jg3sk8lq06f1gbkvp6n3kue53klrrsbfn7@4ax.com>, on 03/23/2013
at 02:19 PM, David C. Ullrich <ullrich@math.okstate.edu> said:

>On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:10:30 +0000, Frederick Williams
><freddywilliams@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>"David C. Ullrich" wrote:

>>> Compactifications of _what_?

>>The reals x {0,1,...,k} I suppose.

>No, there's only one compactification of that set.

How do you figure? There's only on one-point compactification, but
there are many n-point compactifications for n>1.

reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org