Topic: calculate the area of a curve
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 24, 2013 8:53 AM

Marc

Re: calculate the area of a curve

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kildjc$kpf$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 3/23/2013 6:17 PM, angelina wrote:
>

> > The thing is , that for the first line I don't have the equation.I only
> > have the three points .Is there a way to find it in Matlab?

> How would you find it given the points using pencil and paper? That
> should give you an idea of how to find it using Matlab.
>
> Do you know a priori the points are identically on a straight line or is
> this a regression problem?
>
> --

doc polyfit, polyval for starters for fitting 3 points to a line. Although there are many other ways to do this in Matlab.

doc anonymous function (@ symbol) for user created functions, again many ways to do this as polyval above does, provided the right inputs.

Be adventurous.... I realize that this may seem like a big problem but what you are asking is very straight forward. Take some time, read the documentation and play around in Matlab to solve your problem. I promise, you won't break anything.

Good luck