Topic: calculate the area of a curve
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 24, 2013 8:53 AM

dpb

Re: calculate the area of a curve

On 3/23/2013 6:24 PM, dpb wrote:
> On 3/23/2013 6:17 PM, angelina wrote:
>

>> The thing is , that for the first line I don't have the equation.I only
>> have the three points .Is there a way to find it in Matlab?

> How would you find it given the points using pencil and paper? That
> should give you an idea of how to find it using Matlab.
>
> Do you know a priori the points are identically on a straight line or is
> this a regression problem?

OK, I looked at the actual data points -- I see it is a segmented curve
you've drawn. OK, one way w/o computing the coefficients of the line in
Matlab (easy enough, of course :) ) to fine your intersection point
would be via

doc interp1

Think of which it is that you're looking for while reading...