Drexel dragonThe Math ForumDonate to the Math Forum

Search All of the Math Forum:

Views expressed in these public forums are not endorsed by Drexel University or The Math Forum.

Math Forum » Discussions » sci.math.* » sci.math

Topic: name for definition in group theory
Replies: 15   Last Post: Mar 26, 2013 11:35 AM

Advanced Search

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Jump to Tree View Jump to Tree View   Messages: [ Previous | Next ]
David C. Ullrich

Posts: 21,553
Registered: 12/6/04
Re: name for definition in group theory
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 9:09 AM
  Click to see the message monospaced in plain text Plain Text   Click to reply to this topic Reply

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 06:42:46 -0600, "G. A. Edgar"
<edgar@math.ohio-state.edu.invalid> wrote:

>In article <m89uk8lshngii7afp7qktplg90ubnq9doj@4ax.com>, David C.
>Ullrich <ullrich@math.okstate.edu> wrote:

>> A topological group is
>Now there is overkill for you.

Yes. First thing I thought of was using some sort
of structure theorem. But I don't know any such
theorems. Then I realized that the Pontryagin
Duality Theorem was in fact a sort of structuure
theorem that would suffice, and I rushed into print.

I _did_ follow up with an elementary argument...

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in this topic.

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

© Drexel University 1994-2015. All Rights Reserved.
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.