Topic: Pdepe
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 25, 2013 7:25 AM

Re: Pdepe

"Igor" wrote in message <kikgts$n79$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Thank you Nasser for such quick reply.

> > how many elements are you using?
> 16 elements which concentration I would like to find with oscillating BC

> > > As I know pdepe uses FEM method. Am I right?
> > yes.
> Where can I read about method in details which used for pdepe?

Skeel, R. D. and M. Berzins, "A Method for the Spatial Discretization of Parabolic Equations in One Space Variable," SIAM Journal on Scientific and Statistical Computing, Vol. 11, 1990, pp.1?32.

> >> Can we trust them?
> > Do not trust any one.
> I agree. And in this article they used only steady state conditions.
> 1. Maybe pdepe not so good for oscillating?
> 2. What do you think about using FD method for this task?

The discretization method is not important in 1d.

> 3. How can I calculate the accuracy of pdepe?

Double the number of discretization points and look how much the results change.

> 4. What tools can I use for optimization of calculation speed? Is there any sense to use Matlab runtime compiler and import it to c++ code? Speed will be better?

Check it out.

> 5. Can I use somehow parallel computations here?

> Regards,
> Igor

Best wishes

Date Subject Author