Topic: Parallel to line through point without slope calculation
Replies: 4   Last Post: Mar 28, 2013 11:18 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Parallel to line through point without slope calculation

"K " <palanski@ymail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have two points (a,b) that make up a line, and a third point (c). I'd
> like to draw a line (length x) that is parallel to (a,b) but passes
> through c (at its midpoint).

Determine the equation of the line. There's a formula for the equation of a
line given a point and the slope of the line.
Generate x coordinates for your region of interest.
Use the equation to generate the corresponding y coordinates.
Plot the generated coordinates.

Steve Lord