Topic: How can I plot many Figure to one figure?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 28, 2013 10:18 AM

Steven Lord

Re: How can I plot many Figure to one figure?

"chairat Kraichan" <swordmannong_surin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> if I have many figure with this command
> for 1:x
> figure(x);
> end
> so my figure will run out. If I want to plot figure(1) to figure (x) with
> unique figure as figure(x+1).
> What is the command of my question?

First, I would question whether you need to have all x figures open
simultaneously. If you don't, create the figure BEFORE the FOR loop and use
CLF to reset the figure back to its clean state at the end of each
iteration.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/clf.html

Second, you're using the word "figure" to represent two different things.
Don't confuse "figure" with "axes" -- take a look here for a picture that
illustrates the difference.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/creating_plots/figures-plots-and-graphs.html#f9-47446

You cannot have a figure contained inside another figure.
You cannot have an axes contained inside another axes.
You cannot have a figure contained inside an axes.
You CAN have one _or more_ axes contained inside one figure.

If that last scenario describes what you're trying to do, look at the
SUBPLOT function.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com