Topic: My final formal answer as to what classes are and what class
membership is!

Replies: 7   Last Post: Apr 7, 2013 4:34 AM

Charlie-Boo

Re: My final formal answer as to what classes are and what class
membership is!

On Mar 28, 3:02 pm, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> See:http://zaljohar.tripod.com/sets.txt
>
> Below is the full quote from the above link.
>
> ***************************************************************************­******
> What Are Classes!

I swear to Allah I was going to ask the same question. Not because I
figured out the answer or wondered, but because the answer hit me in
the face in my refutations of faulty proofs that NST is inconsistent.

The umpteen axioms etc. below are shit - worthless. That misses the
whole point.

1. If you throw out a bunch of axioms, then you are making arbitrary
decisions and there is no way you can say that a class means that and
only that.
2. The idea is to move AWAY from a bunch of arbitrary decisions and
ask what is really wanted/needed.
3. Class is a primitive and so anything complex - having millions of
smaller subsets - would define millions of things even more
primitive. That is counterintuitive and contrary to the intent.

Why are there classes?

Because people are inconsistent.

1. Everything is a set.
2. x ~e x is not a set.

So what is x ~e x? A formula.

So you have the set of values that make a formula true, including
something that is not a set . . .

???

Alls I know is that in Frege Logic we have concepts that are total
Boolean functions, and that x ~e X is not total so we have a partial
function.

Sets are total functions from everything to {TRUE,FALSE}.

Classes are partial functions from everything to {TRUE,FALSE}.

C-B