Topic: Peano-like Axioms for the Integers in DC Proof
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 31, 2013 2:59 PM

Dan Christensen

Re: Peano-like Axioms for the Integers in DC Proof

On Friday, March 29, 2013 2:59:49 PM UTC-4, Dan Christensen wrote:
> As promised, here is the link to a formal proof (919 lines) deriving Peano-like axioms for the integers: http://dcproof.com/DeriveZ.htm

Note: There is nothing new about the axioms themselves. From 1961, see: http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/2311096?uid=3739448&uid=2&uid=3737720&uid=4&sid=21101955575561

I like my presentation of them better--less wordy--but it is a matter of personal preference.

What is interesting is that these axioms can actually be formally constructed from other relatively simple structures without the use of any sort axiom of infinity (as in ZF), as demonstrated in my proof.

Dan
Visit my new math blog at http://www.dcproof.wordpress.com