Topic: Fwd: Field Memo on Transition to Common Core Regents Exams and
Updated June 2014 Regents Exam Schedule

Replies: 3   Last Post: Apr 3, 2013 10:05 PM

Dianne Gizowski

Fwd: Field Memo on Transition to Common Core Regents Exams and
Updated June 2014 Regents Exam Schedule

I hadn't seen this come through the listserv, so thought I would share. It's the memo regarding the new phase-in and phase-out of the new/old regents exams. The implementation timeline has changed, and they have put out more guidance on which students should sit for which exams.
Dianne

From: Ken Wagner <KWAGNER@MAIL.NYSED.GOV<mailto:KWAGNER@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>>
Date: March 29, 2013, 11:52:18 AM EDT
To: Charter Administrators <charter@listserv.nysed.gov<mailto:charter@listserv.nysed.gov>>, District Superintendents <distsup@listserv.nysed.gov<mailto:distsup@listserv.nysed.gov>>, Nonpublic Administrators <nonpublic@listserv.nysed.gov<mailto:nonpublic@listserv.nysed.gov>>, Public Administrators <pubadmin@listserv.nysed.gov<mailto:pubadmin@listserv.nysed.gov>>, School Superintendents <supt-info@listserv.nysed.gov<mailto:supt-info@listserv.nysed.gov>>
Cc: Ken Slentz <KSLENTZ@MAIL.NYSED.GOV<mailto:KSLENTZ@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>>
Subject: Field Memo on Transition to Common Core Regents Exams and Updated June 2014 Regents Exam Schedule
Colleagues,

The attached memo provides information on the transition to Common Core Regents Exams in English Language Arts (ELA) and in mathematics (Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II).

Please note that the June 2014 Regents Exam schedule has been updated based on field feedback.

Because the first administrations of the Common Core exams in Geometry and Algebra II have been postponed until June 2015 and June 2016, respectively, the June 2014 exam schedule has been amended such that the Regents Examination in Algebra I (Common Core) will be administered on the morning of June 3, the Regents Examination in ELA (Common Core) will be administered on the afternoon of June 3, and no exams will be administered on June 4, as had originally been planned.

We will re-send the memo the week of April 8 for those who may have missed it during school vacations.

Thank you for your help with this work,

Ken