Topic: Bug in Jacobian Amplitude?
Replies: 16   Last Post: Apr 13, 2013 1:35 PM

did

Re: Bug in Jacobian Amplitude?

On Friday, 5 April 2013 03:00:38 UTC+2, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
> This definition is suboptimal, because it forces discontinuity
>
> on real line. The definition I recall were continuous
>
> (increasing) on real line.

OK, but maple defines a discontinuous
function over the real line. Try
plot(JacobiAM(x,sqrt(3/4)),x=-10..20);
plot(arctan(JacobiSN(x,sqrt(3/4)),JacobiCN(x,sqrt(3/4)))-JacobiAM(x,sqrt(3/4)),x=-10..20);

MMA, on the other hand, gives a
continuous increasing function.

Does it mean that maple implement
the Jacobi Amplitude via the suboptimal