Topic: How precisely can a right angle be measured?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Apr 6, 2013 3:48 PM

Tom Potter

Re: How precisely can a right angle be measured?

"Absolutely Vertical" <absolutelyvertical@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 4/2/2013 7:27 AM, Tom Potter wrote:
>

>> Apparently no one understands my questions.
>>
>> "How would one measure a right angle
>> without using geometry,
>> or the 3-4-5 relationship,
>>
>> and how precisely can a right angle be measured?"
>>
>> Let me put it like this,
>>
>> what **primary standard** do physicists, the military,
>> astronomers , industry, etc.
>> use as their ORTHOGONAL standard,
>> and how accurate are these standards MECHANICALLY?
>>
>> I dare say they trust Euclid and Pathagoras.
>>
>> I suggest that one should "trust BUT verify."
>>
>> I know how to create an ORTHOGONAL standard
>> that is accurate to 1x10^10 or better,
>>
>> Do you?
>>

> why do you think such a standard is required?

If you want to determine the orthogonally of anything,
a house, a pyramid, a football field, the universe,
I suggest that you need an ORTHOGONAL standard.

--
Tom Potter

http://the-cloud-machine.tk
http://tiny.im/390k