Topic: Re: Field Memo on Transition to Common Core Regents Exams and Updated June 20...
Replies: 12   Last Post: Apr 5, 2013 12:45 PM

MathCaryl@aol.com

Re: Field Memo on Transition to Common Core Regents Exams and Updated June
20...

att1.html (13.5 K)

Do you consider students in year 1 of a two-year course this year able to take only the 2005 exam next year?

Caryl Lorandini
AMTNYS, Treasurer
LIMACON, Secretary
NCMTA, Past-President

NCAMS, Executive Board
EZ-Guide to Pre-Algebra, Author

From: Ken Wagner <KWAGNER@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Date: March 29, 2013, 11:52:18 AM EDT
To: Charter Administrators <charter@listserv.nysed.gov>, District Superintendents <distsup@listserv.nysed.gov>, Nonpublic Administrators <nonpublic@listserv.nysed.gov>, Public Administrators <pubadmin@listserv.nysed.gov>, School Superintendents <supt-info@listserv.nysed.gov>
Cc: Ken Slentz <KSLENTZ@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>

Colleagues,

The attached memo provides information on the transition to Common Core Regents Exams in English Language Arts (ELA) and in mathematics (Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II).

Please note that the June 2014 Regents Exam schedule has been updated based on field feedback.

Because the first administrations of the Common Core exams in Geometry and Algebra II have been postponed until June 2015 and June 2016, respectively, the June 2014 exam schedule has been amended such that the Regents Examination in Algebra I (Common Core) will be administered on the morning of June 3, the Regents Examination in ELA (Common Core) will be administered on the afternoon of June 3, and no exams will be administered on June 4, as had originally been planned.

We will re-send the memo the week of April 8 for those who may have missed it during school vacations.

Thank you for your help with this work,

Ken