The Math Forum

Topic: axes text flipped upside down after new videocard
Replies: 4   Last Post: Apr 14, 2014 10:49 AM

Clemens

Re: axes text flipped upside down after new videocard

"matt dash" wrote in message <kjuvhh$14f$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "exosceleton" <exosceleton@hotmail.com> wrote in message <kjucjt$o8m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Since I put in a different videocard I have 1 script with guide generated fig that displays all text, like axis labels with every letter reversed and upside down.
> >
> > So the start of the word is still on the left, and the letters are in the correct order, just every letter is individually flipped vertically. It looks very strange.
> >
> > if i step trough the opening function i can see the axes is drawn normally, but as soon as there is a plot or image command the letters become flipped.
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea how to fix this. It's quite a large complicated script/fig so i dont want to remake it from scratch.
> >
> > Other scripts i've tested do not have the same problem. Old and new ones.
> >
> > thanks

> I've had this problem. AFAIK it only affects the opengl renderer, so if you can use painters or zbuffer that should fix it. But I also fixed it for opengl by changing the figure's wvisual property (if you're using windows)... just try different settings til it works.

I couldn't find any wvisual property which solved the problem. A dirty workaround for me:
Any zoom solved the problem, so I used:

zoom(1.000000000001)