Topic: Solving an unusual system of ODES
Replies: 7   Last Post: Apr 10, 2013 3:24 AM

Torsten

Re: Solving an unusual system of ODES

D R G <grimesd2@gmail.com> wrote in message <5c502161-10e9-4863-9e76-57617f33fb35@googlegroups.com>...
> Yes, that is what I want to solve; however, the case you're referring to is I believe the trivial case; we have already solved for when k = 0, and got a non-trivial solution. As K is small, this will be close to it and there will be non zero solutions.
>
> Regards
>
> DRG

No, y=0 is the only solution that satisfies your differential equation together with the two boundary conditions - also for the case K and/or J not equal to 0.
You will have to change the boundary conditions to get a solution different from y=0.

Best wishes
Torsten.