Topic: Fmincon: nonlinear binary problem
Replies: 10   Last Post: Apr 12, 2013 7:07 AM

Alan Weiss

Re: Fmincon: nonlinear binary problem

On 4/9/2013 9:26 AM, Bruno Luong wrote:
> "Anna" wrote in message <kk133a$9i6$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is the first time I use Matlab's Optimization Toolbox. I'm
>> trying to solve a binary problem but it's not linear and I use fmincon.

> Never ever use fmincon for binary problem.
>
> Bruno

To expand on Bruno's answer, there is no Optimization Toolbox solver
capable of handling binary problems.
http://www.mathworks.com/help/optim/ug/choosing-a-solver.html#brhkghv-19

Your only choice among MATLAB solvers is ga from Global Optimization
Toolbox:
http://www.mathworks.com/help/gads/mixed-integer-optimization.html

Good luck,

Alan Weiss