Topic: yellow calculators
Replies: 4   Last Post: Apr 10, 2013 10:17 PM

Westendorf, Neal

RE: yellow calculators

How about purchasing non-yellow covers? Can TI or a reseller help out? We switched to Nspires a few years ago and have quite a few of the ez spot units that we don't know what to do with. If you spray painted them, they would then be student colored. I used Krylon paint which stuck well to the plastic on my 84's to do what you described before the yellow ones. Great idea to try to put them to another use!

Neal
Taconic Hills
________________________________
From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] on behalf of sherry johnson [sjohnso3@twcny.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:27 PM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Re: yellow calculators

If students are checking these out, then they should treat the calculators more responsibility. My students are putting colorful duct tape around the edges of their calculators. It seems to be lasting but they put it on, not the school.

I buy a paint marker (gold or silver) and go around the outer edge of the screen. It?s pretty visible and takes just a few seconds to do.