Topic: Principal Component Analysis Alternatives for low sample to
dimensions ratio

Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 11, 2013 11:26 PM

Art Kendall

Re: Principal Component Analysis Alternatives for low sample to dimensions
ratio

yes Q factor analysis is one thing that can be done with a 2000 variable
300 case data matrix.

Yes Q factor analysis is an old time method of cluster analysis.

Depending on substantive nature of the data it may also be possible to
cluster variables.

If the 2000 variables are word frequencies multidimensaional scaling is
a possibility.

Many many thing are possible. But without the meaning of the data, level
of measure, design role, etc. etc. all I can do is speculate.

What is the term David uses e-esp?

Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants