Topic: "Programming With Mathematica" Exercise help
Replies: 10   Last Post: Apr 13, 2013 8:36 PM

plank.in.sequim@gmail.com

Re: "Programming With Mathematica" Exercise help

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:15:40 PM UTC-7, drall...@gmail.com wrote:
> Darrell,
>

> I have an older version of the text, and I believe the question is poorly worded. When you see Mr. Wellin's expected answer you will realize what he was really asking. Here's his answer at the back of the older text.
>

> Clear[z,a];
>
> Hold[z=11];
>
> a=9;
>
> z+3/.z->a
>

> Don't forget Mathematica Stackexchange - there is alot of good stuff there to learn Mathematica. (http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/)
>

> Todd

I just want to make sure I understand this. It's essentially negating the effect of the original assignment to z, correct? That's an interesting solution but it kind of seems like "solving" it by putting it in comments. I guess if that's his answer - well, it's just not the answer I would have marked as correct. Anyway, it's interesting to see his answer from an earlier edition. Thanks!