Topic: What the heck happened to Trigonometry in the Common Core??!!
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 17, 2013 9:04 PM

Evelyne Stalzer

Re: What the heck happened to Trigonometry in the Common Core??!!
att1.html (1.9 K)

Wow. Just wow. Are fifth graders really sophisticated enough to draw a
non-obvious extra line in the diagram to split the shaded area into just
the two triangles that can be solved for their areas? Are they even
sophisticated enough to recognize an altitude when it appears outside the
triangle?

I teach geometry to tenth graders. I just have to shoehorn this problem
into my already overfull curriculum somewhere and see how they do...

Evelyne Stalzer