Topic: How to estimate Impulse Response from a frequency domain
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 15, 2013 3:06 AM

anyone

Re: How to estimate Impulse Response from a frequency domain

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 07:54:09 +0000, Giuseppe wrote:

>> Yet, you believe SIT won't help?
>
> I tried to get the dynamic model representing frequency response in
> complex form:
>
> z=AMP.*exp(PH*2*pi.*F*Ts*sqrt(-1));
>
> then creating an IDFRD object:
>
> G = idfrd(z,Frad,Ts);
>
> and finally estimating the impulse response:
>
> SYS=impulseest(G);
>
> I still don't have any clue about windowing (how, when?).
>
> Thank you for your time!

What I can tell you about the topic would be far too long & involved for me to attempt a few passes in a usenet
newsgroup (<--- don't "read into" that, just "read"). If you have access to a technical library, or have a bit of money to
spend, try to find a copy of "Understanding Digital Signal Processing, 2ed, Lyons". Lyons generally delivers a nice
overview of things, that doesn't get buried in mathematic esoterica.

<aside, for the Peanut Gallery (you know who you are)>

No, that isn't a plug and I don't get a kick-back. It's simply a nice DSP reference text.