Topic: Speed difference between row and column vectors
Replies: 7   Last Post: Apr 19, 2013 7:55 AM

Loren Shure

Re: Speed difference between row and column vectors

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
>> Hmm ... there shouldn't be that kind of difference in the performance.
>> I'll report this to the development staff.

> Steve, can you ask please them why it is so difficult to implement jit
> accelerator with scripting code?
> Bruno

It's at least in part because there is no guarantee what the script will
find in the workspace and memory before the script has been run. In a
function, the environment is much more controlled and understood.