Topic: ksdensity function - error -Undefined variable "internal" or class "internal.stats.parseArgs"
Replies: 3   Last Post: Apr 24, 2013 12:57 AM

Marc

Re: ksdensity function - error -Undefined variable "internal" or class "internal.stats.parseArgs"

"Fels " <fcia_t@yahoo.com> wrote in message <kl3bm1$bjq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi Tom,
>
> Appreciate the advice!! I think I am missing the entire Stats toolbox. You are right - I cannot ignore problem#1. Also because I am missing stats toolbox, I cannot which internal.stats.parseArgs.
>
> My Matlab is R2012b. Apologies for the abbreviation.
>
> Shall hunt down the stats toolbox!
>
> F.
>
> "Fels " <fcia_t@yahoo.com> wrote in message <kkp7dq$srp$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am currently facing some issues when I upgraded from Matlab7 to Matlab12 on my Win7 laptop. Problem#1: I seem to be missing the ksdensity function (part of stats toolbox). Ignoring problem#1, to quickly solve it, I copied the ksdensity.m file from my LINUX version and added it to my Win7.
> >
> > Problem#2: When running a code that used to work on Matlab7, Matlab12 gave me an error for the ksdensity function (see below)
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Undefined variable "internal" or class "internal.stats.parseArgs".
> >
> > Error in ksdensity>parse_args (line 186)
> > [u,m,kernelname,support,weight,cens,cutoff,ftype] = ...
> >
> > Error in ksdensity (line 114)
> > [axarg,yData,n,ymin,ymax,xispecified,xi,u,m,kernelname,...
> >
> > I'm afraid I have ran out of clue on what is happening. Is it due to the the m file being different in different platforms ie I cannot simply copy the linux version to windows.
> >
> > I suspect my Problem#1 is due to my network installation ie missing toolboxes or Matlab12 has oddly hidden toolboxes - so no quick fix there just yet. But assuming functions are transferable, what could that error above mean?
> >
> > Appreciate any advice.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Felicia

When upgrading to a newer version of Matlab, you also have to upgrade your toolboxes. So if you were using the Stats toolbox in some earlier version, this will not work in a newer version. Unless your hacking capabilities are off the chart.....

So, if you got yourself hooked on the stats toolbox with, say, a students edition. Trying to move that toolbox into your new version's folder or path will not work.

$800-$1000 will do the trick.