Topic: Limiting Output Based on Z Axis of Plotd3d[Evaluate@Table[PDF[NormalDistribution
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 20, 2013 5:54 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: Limiting Output Based on Z Axis of Plotd3d[Evaluate@Table[PDF[NormalDistribution

Since you refer to x, y, and z; presumably you mean a binormal rather than
a normal distribution.

max = 2.25;
zMax = 35;

Manipulate[
ContourPlot[
200*
PDF[BinormalDistribution[0], {x, y}],
{x, -max, max}, {y, -max, max},
Contours -> Range[step, zMax, step],
ContourShading -> None,
ContourStyle -> Thick],
{{step, 10, "Contour Step Size"}, {2.5, 5, 10}}]

Manipulate[
Plot3D[
200*
PDF[BinormalDistribution[0], {x, y}],
{x, -max, max}, {y, -max, max},
MeshFunctions -> {#3 &},
Mesh -> {Range[step, zMax, step]},
PlotStyle -> Opacity[opac]],
{{step, 10, "Contour Step Size"}, {2.5, 5, 10}},
{{opac, 0.5, "PDF Opacity"}, 0, 1, .1,
Appearance -> "Labeled"}]

Bob Hanlon