Topic: Does a nonlinear additive function on R imply a Hamel basis of R?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 21, 2013 7:59 PM

Mike Terry

Re: Does a nonlinear additive function on R imply a Hamel basis of R?

<lugita15@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:50:11 PM UTC-4, Mike Terry wrote:
> > Indeed not, my bad. And it seems to construct an f which works along
> >
> > lines I intended, I would want to use AC at some point, which is no

> So Mike, do you still think that "your original argument only
> really needed one irrational number, rather than a Hamel basis, I

:) No, I was admitting as much in my last post. The question is much more
subtle than I first thought...