************************************* Sent at the request of Shuhua.An@csulb.edu. ************************************* The 5th Classroom Teaching Research for All Students Conference
Fuzhou, Fujian, China ---June 22 - June 25, 2013
The Classroom Teaching Research for All Students (CTRAS) Group consists of mathematics educators from China (Mainland, Taiwan, Hong Kong), U.S., South Korea, Malaysia and Italy, which is led by Prof. Shuhua An from California State University, Long Beach. CTRAS Group focuses on identifying common effective teaching strategies for ALL students through deep research on the theory and practice of mathematics classroom teaching. Since it was initiated at the U.S.-Sino Workshop in June 2008, CTRAS Group has consecutively organized four annual conferences. Beijing Normal University (2009), Hangzhou Normal University (2010), Changshu Institute of Technology (2011), and Guangxi Normal University (2012) hosted these conferences respectively. Fujian Normal University will host the 5th Classroom Teaching Research for All Students Conference in summer 2013.
1. Date: June 22-June 25, 2013 (Registration: June 22; Departure: June 25)
2. Location: Cangshan Campus, Fujian Normal University, Fuzhou, Fujian, China.
3. Theme: Teaching and Learning of School Algebra
4. Registration fee: 350 RMB for participants; 250 RMB for student participants or guests. Registration fee can be paid in cash on site during the conference.
5. Accommodation: (1) Fujian Tengshan Days Hotel£¨Tel. 086-591-86393888, 350 RMB/ double-bed room (2) Student Street Super 8 Hotel£¨Tel. 086-400-666-5511£¨200 RMB/ double-bed room
6. Paper submissions: Participants who want to give a presentation should send an English abstract to the secretary by Wednesday, May 15, 2013. Please send your full paper by Monday, June 10, 2013. The templates for abstract and full paper can be found at the conference website: http://math.fjnu.edu.cn/zxsx/CTRAS5
7. Math Lesson Study Activities: Participants will have an opportunity to observe two math lessons with Same Content but Different Teaching Methods by two master teachers from Fuzhou, Fujian during the conference, followed by questions/answers session. Both Chinese and Overseas experts will discuss and evaluate the lessons.
8. International Program Committee
An, Shuhua (California State University, Long Beach) Li, Shiqi (East China Normal University)
Members (alphabetical order)
Chen, Qinghua (Fujian Normal University, China) Huang, Xingfeng (Changshu Institute of Technology, China) Idris, Noraini Binti (University of Malaya, Malaysia) Lee, Yuan-Shun (Taipei Municipal University of Education, China) Ricks, Thomas (Louisiana State University, US) Wu, Zhonghe (National University, US) Ye, Lijun (Hangzhou Normal University, China) Yuan, Zhiqiang (Fujian Normal University, China)
9. Transportation Information
Participants can fly to Fuzhou Changle International Airport, and take an airport shuttle to Fuzhou Apollo Hotel (about fifty minutes, 25 YUAN), then take a taxi (about ten minutes, 15-20 YUAN) to Fujian Tengshan Days Hotel (It's about 100 meters far away from the gates of Fujian Normal Univeristy Cangshan Campus ). Please print the Chinese version of this announcement from the Conference website in case you need assistance. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the conference sectary at Zhiqiang (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Cell phone: [18750749551.
10. Tourism Information
The conference will help participants who want to have a tour in Fuzhou and Xiamen. But the fees for tourism are NOT included in registration fee. More detailed information can be found at the conference website.
11. Contact Information
Dr. Yuan, Zhiqiang (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Cell phone£18750749551, Fujian Normal University)
Prof. An, Shuhua (firstname.lastname@example.org, California State University, Long Beach) Prof. Li, Shiqi (email@example.com, East China Normal University)
No.32, Shangsan Road, Cangshan, Fuzhou, Fujian, College of Mathematics and Computer Science, Fujian Normal University, 350007