The Math Forum

Topic: Please I need help in matlab!!!
Replies: 3   Last Post: Apr 25, 2013 2:32 PM

okogidi

Re: Please I need help in matlab!!!

"bibi" wrote in message <klbiud$qcu$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "bibi" wrote in message <klbepa$d2a$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Hi,
> > It is my first time here and I really need your help please :)
> > I have this equation:
> > Given
> > d^2T/(dx^2) - 1/(L-x) dT/dx - (2h(LW + bL- bx)(T-Tinfinty))/kbW(L-x) = 0
> > Where Tinfinity is 300K X is the coordinate measured along the fine k= 237 W/m/K h = 15 W/m^2/K L= 0.01 m W = 0.1 m b= 0.01 m T(x=0) = 1073 K
> > dT/dx |x=L = 0
> > The question:
> > the above question by second-order accurate central differences for the points in the middle in the ODE, and use three-point backward difference formula for the point at x = L. Show how you get the linear systems in details. To solve the linear systems, you can write your own code, such as Gauss-Seidel, or use Matlab built-in functions. Use L = 0.00999999 m for the length of the fin because x = L is a singular point of the ODE and the problem cannot be solved as specified. An approximate solution can, however, be obtained by using L = 0.00999999 m for the length of the fin. Divide the pin into 50 sub-intervals. Tabulate and plot your results using matlab or other tools, such as Excel.
> > Please answer me as soon as possible
> > Thank you in advance :)

> Can you please help me :(

A search of "Gauss-Seidel using MATLAB" on google yields more than 500 hits, you can start from there, there are even file exchange on MATLAB on this topic...

BOTTOM LINE: Make an honest attempt, and you might find help