Topic: FORMATION OF SHADOW - A NEW THOUGHT
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Doctor Nisith Bairagi

From: Uttarpara, West Bengal, India
Registered: 3/2/13
FORMATION OF SHADOW - A NEW THOUGHT

From: Doctor Nisith Bairagi
Subject: FORMATION OF SHADOW ? A NEW THOUGHT
Date: May 1, 2013
(sci.math.independent)

(A)**When an incident ray falls on a physical body:
(a) If the ray passes through the body totally, it is called transparent, leaving no shadow.
(b) If the ray cannot pass through the body at all, it is called opaque, producing shadow.
(c) If the ray passes through the body partially, it is called translucent, producing blurred
shadow.
This very behaviour of the body in respect of the incident ray on it, is attempted here to explain as a new property of matter.

(B)**Let the incident ray be any form of electro-magnetic wave of which visible light is also a part of it. They are: gamma ray, X ray, ultra violet ray, visible light (VIBGYOR), infra red ray, heat, radio wave (micro wave) etc,.

(a) Wood: allows X rays, but not visible rays. So, wood is transparent with respect to X ray, but opaque to visible rays.
(b) Iron: does not allow X ray as well as visible light. So, iron is opaque in respect to both X ray and visible light.
(c) Air: allows all electromagnetic waves except extreme violet rays. So, air is transparent in respect to electro-magnetic waves, except extreme violet ray.
(d) Fog: does not allow electro-magnetic waves but the wireless waves. So, fog is opaque in respect to electro-magnetic waves but transparent to wireless waves.

It can be inferred that: offering of resistance to the incident electro-magnetic waves, either totally, partially or not at all, by a body, lies in the basic characteristic property of that body, and it depends chiefly due to the very atomic structure of the substance of the body. So, in a wider sense, formation of shadow is not just a visual phenomenon.

(C) Analogous behavior of the shadow formation phenomena:

On a table, place a weight of (say) 10 kg, the table will offer a resistive reaction of equal amount of 10 kg. The table will not show any reactive resistance, so long as no weight is kept on it. With the increase of weights (say 100, 400, 1000 kg etc., the table offers equal amount of reaction at every stage of loading, till a stage is reached when the limiting capacity of the table is reached (say) 1000 kg, and cannot withstand further increment of the weight, and then collapses.

Similar Phenomenon can be described in the case of the body resistance against the attack of germ or bacteria. So long as the body fights back the incoming bacteria and defeats it, the body remains physically fit. When the bacteria over-powers the body resistance, the body becomes ill. In between the period (between the entry of the bacteria and getting defeated or otherwise), the condition of the body can be described to be neither fit nor ill.

(D) In this light, it can be concluded that: any physical body is capable of offering/producing the nature of electro-magnetic waves exactly of the same kind, but opposite in respect to the type of the incident electro-magnetic ray.
When no incident ray on it, no reactive wave is generated by the body. So long as the type of the incident electro-magnetic wave is less, or exceeds the corresponding capacity of that body, the body will behave as opaque or transparent body, respectively.
If the body is such that it cannot produce the right type of reactive wave, in comparison to the corresponding capacity, it will behave as translucent.

(E) This specific property of any physical body to produce the ANTI-WAVE, is the new property of matter, isolated, and proposed.

Dear Readers,
Please comment and let me know to what extent this concept is acceptable.

Thanks to All.

Doctor Nisith Bairagi
Uttarpara, West Bengal, India