Topic: A Girl and Her Calculator: A Love Story
Replies: 12   Last Post: May 16, 2013 1:04 PM

Samis, Karen

Re: Review ideas?
att1.html (4.3 K)

What type of questions do you out in them?

Karen

On May 7, 2013, at 5:33 PM, "lboyce@pbcschools.org<mailto:lboyce@pbcschools.org>" <lboyce@pbcschools.org<mailto:lboyce@pbcschools.org>> wrote:

I love that idea! Just may have to borrow it :)

I've posted before the "round robin" review that I have used. I break the kids into groups of 2-4 depending on class size, place 6 large sheets of paper around the room with topics at the top (unit names), give kids different color markers as they walk in- creating "random" groups. I then give them 3 minutes at a station to "dump their knowledge" and then switch. When they have made their way around the stations we then post them in the room and as a group talk about what it is that they have recalled, fix any misconceptions, add anything new and then I leave them hanging for the remainder of the review period for the kids to revisit. I usually do 2 days of this, 6 topics a day. They are typically amazed at how much they DO know and it makes it easier to decide which areas need to be focused on for review.

Good luck to everyone this June!

Loretta Boyce