Topic: Bintprog Constraints
Replies: 8   Last Post: May 8, 2013 11:34 AM

Alan Weiss

Re: Bintprog Constraints

On 5/7/2013 4:04 AM, Alfredo Martini wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm in trouble with bintprog: are there any ways of adding other
> constraints equations, apart from the existing?
> I mean, while in a standard case we have
> A x <= b
> Aeq x = beq
> So, I would like to know if I can insert another equation like
> A2eq x = b2eq
> Or, even better
> A2eq y = b2eq
>
> Thanks in advice.

You might misunderstand the existing constraints. The constraint
Ax <= b
is a matrix inequality, meaning you can have as many rows of
inequalities as you like. That certainly covers your requested case
A2eq = b2eq

For more information, see
http://www.mathworks.com/help/optim/ug/writing-constraints.html#brhkghv-14

Alan Weiss