The Math Forum

Topic: Uicontrol NOT printed in *.eps file
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 15, 1998 10:40 AM

Carl Taswell

Re: Uicontrol NOT printed in *.eps file

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:46:33 GMT, (Carl
Taswell) wrote:

>Using Windows 95/98 and MATLAB 5.0-5.2 on a Toshiba Tecra 720CDT I
>have been UNable to print -depsc2 and then view uicontrols. Uicontrols
>are completely "blacked out" and their text is not readable.

Problem occurs only for 8 bit color depth but NOT for 16 or 24 bit
color depth. So current workaround solution is to reset video display
for higher color bit depth. Of course, typically for hardware with
limited video memory, setting higher color bit depth means restricting
pixel resolution to a smaller size. These settings correspond to
'ScreenSize' and 'ScreenDepth' in MATLAB Handle Graphics. MathWorks is
working on a bug fix for the problem.