Topic: how to unify Hund's Rule with electron ecliptic Chapt15.59
electrons-ecliptic-plane #1354 New Physics #1557 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Replies: 2   Last Post: May 9, 2013 1:26 PM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Chapt15.62 Deriving Hund's rule from Maxwell Equations #1355 New
Physics #1558 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

On May 8, 2:52 pm, Archimedes Plutonium
<plutonium.archime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 7, 9:55 pm, Archimedes Plutonium
>

> <plutonium.archime...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Now one of my favorite chemistry textbooks was CHEM ONE by Waser,
> > Trueblood, Knobler 1980 where it shows an iceberg on the front cover.
> > On page 307 it shows a DeBroglie waves for permitted and prohibited
> > orbits.

> > Now I want to use that picture to start the mind of logic to thinking.
> > Now suppose we all accepted Old Physics that would have the electrons
> > not in a electron ecliptic, but rather have the electrons at all sorts
> > of angles in 3rd dimension. In my last post I proved how random angles
> > outside the ecliptic plane would violate the Minimum Principle that
> > Feynman was so adamant about.

> > So what I am doing here is pointing out the geometry that electrons
> > must be in an ecliptic plane to minimize energy of orbiting the
> > nucleus, and that should a photon come along and excite and electron
> > to move to a higher orbit or should an electron emit a photon and move
> > into a lower state orbit, that the electron will travel the minimum
> > path. The electron cannot travel a minimum path if the electrons were
> > orbiting at random angles, because successive orbits in a planar
> > ecliptic have a minimum constant distance of separation.

> > Now this is likely to lead to an experiment of electrons moving from
> > one orbit to another orbit that we should be able to tell if two
> > successive orbits have a constant separation distance. If the orbits
> > were random angles, then the separation distance is a variable. Now I
> > do not know if we have a precision enough experiment to tell us if the
> > separation distance of two successive orbits is a constant or a
> > variable. However, there maybe already some phenomenon of physics,
> > such as say polarization or photoelectric effect or that diamonds
> > sparkle, that already is dependent on the fact that the separation
> > distance is always a constant for two successive orbits.

> Now Waser, Trueblood and Knobler simply call the DeBroglie wave on
> page 307 as a "matter wave". But I suspect that no-one ever in their
> chemistry classroom raised the question of why is this transverse
> matter wave so very much different from the transverse EM wave of Old
> Physics of their single transverse wave? Now of course, no student or
> teacher of physics or chemistry knew of a Double Transverse Wave for
> it was discovered by me in 2012 and is totally new to physics and
> chemistry.
>
> But this raises the question of why and how would physics and
> chemistry have three different types of transverse waves:
>
> 1) Matter wave of DeBroglie
> 2) Single transverse wave of Old Physics
> 3) Double Transverse wave
>
> Single transverse wave is depicted as such:

> Double Transverse wave is depicted as such:
>
>    E-
> M+ M-
>    E+
>
> Matter wave is depicted as thus:
>
> E-

> [...]

Well let us see if we can just derive Hund's Rule from the Maxwell
Equations. From CHEM ONE textbook Waser, Trueblood, Knobler, 1980 page
328 they cite the rule as this:
--- quoting ---
Hund's rule: the order of filling degenerate orbitals in an atom (or
molecule) is such that as many electrons remain unpaired as possible.
--- end quote ---

Now which Maxwell Equation would such a rule likely emanate forth? I
suspect the Ampere law that says to the effect that parallel currents
attract and antiparallel currents repel. Now I need the Minimum
Principle of Feynman which would involve the Coulomb law. And the idea
being that, filling unpaired is the least energy (shortest path taken)
and filling occupied orbitals is less energy than going to the next
subshell. So I need the Minimum Principle as Coulomb law and the
Ampere law.

So let me analogize to planets taking Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus as
examples for a metaphorical Hund's rule.
We place a planet in each orbit, and now we have a new planet to fit.
It would take more energy to place it after Uranus orbit, so instead
we place it as a moon around Jupiter. Then we have a new planet to
place and here again, it takes less energy to place it as a moon of
Saturn than to place it as a independent planet after Uranus. Now I do
not know if that is the justification of moons of planets as some sort
of astronomy Hund's rule, but if EM forces control all of physics, we
would be wise to consider if planetary satellites is a form of Hund's
rule.

Now earlier today I wrote that the electron could be either having a
transverse wave form or a longitudinal wave form such as the
transverse matter wave of E-

and the longitudinal wave form of M- M+ where M stands for magnetic
monopole.

So now if we had a transverse wave electron of

E-
M+ M-

alone in a p orbital and then introduced a longitudinal wave electron

M+ M-
E-

then the two combined to form a complete p orbital with one up
electron and one down electron would look like this:

E-
2M+ 2M-
E-

Now where does the Ampere law enter this picture?
It enters when the electrons are single in a orbital for all of them
are lined up as "up electrons" and thus attractive and lower energy.
Attraction is lower energy than is repelling state.

But when the electrons have a choice of going to the next higher
subshell, that energy is greater than the energy of electrons coupled
in the same orbital, and the coupling is the magnetic monopoles
attracting. The magnetic monopole attraction is greater than the
electron to electron repelling.

In our planet analogy, the attraction of the planet as a moon to
Jupiter is less energy than the placement of the planet in a higher
orbit beyond Jupiter.

What I am trying to finagle is the transverse matter wave of one
electron and the longitudinal wave of the second electron to make that
up and down coupling of electrons to be less energy than going to the
next higher subshell.

--

Approximately 90 percent of AP's posts are missing in the Google
newsgroups author search starting May 2012. They call it indexing; I

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium