Topic: Action-Reaction: What is Quantum Mechanics?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jun 18, 2013 3:47 PM

Matthew Lybanon

Re: Action-Reaction: What is Quantum Mechanics?

In article
<4f5ea5e7-037b-40ef-8e06-a1ac5b1615e7@qz2g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
jdawe <mrjdawe@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 15, 7:46 pm, "Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway"
> <LordAndroc...@May2013.edu> wrote:

> > "jdawe" <mrjd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > 'Quantum' is the study of what is small.
> > =====================================
> > Nope. Quanta are single units such as atoms, electrons, photons of one
> > frequency,
> > size has nothing to do with it.
> >
> > 'Mechanics' is the study of what is large.
> >
> > ============================
> > Nope. Mechanics is Newton¹s laws, size has nothing
> > to do with it.
> >
> > Quantum-Mechanics
> >
> > Small-Large
> >
> > ======================
> > Nope. Unit ­ motion. The horse pulls the cart, you can¹t have half a horse
> > so a horse is quantum mechanical.
> > You can have a half horsepower electric motor, but that is not a horse. You
> > can¹t have half an electron either,
> > -- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
> > Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway.
> > When the fools chicken farmer Wilson and Van de faggot present an argument I
> > cannot laugh at I'll retire from usenet.

> 'Quanta' does not have the same meaning as 'Quantum'.
>
> Quanta is plural, Quantum is Singular.
>
> Quantum being singular has nothing to do with size, it is a fixed 1 so
> it is absolutely small with no size.
>
> Quanta on the other hand is all about size because it is a variable
> quantity larger 1. Anything larger than 1 has a quantity therefore has
> 'quanta'.

"Alumnus" is singular. "Alumni" is plural. So when a person says "I am
an alumni of <institution>," he is wrong‹grammatically wrong, that is.
He may actually be an alumnus of that institution, and the words he uses
don't alter that fact.

If a physicist says "quantum" when you think he should have said
"quanta," Nature doesn't care. The physics is the physics.