Topic: Silly question on how to insert sections, subsections and etc. on a notebook
Replies: 9   Last Post: May 25, 2013 5:34 AM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: Silly question on how to insert sections, subsections and etc. on a notebook

Correction to what I wrote:

"structuring your notebook so as not to have any such "dangling" cells
inside a section but outside any subsection -- EXCEPT cells immediately
after the Section cell but before any Subsection cell."

On May 24, 2013, at 6:21 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murray@math.umass.edu> wrote:

> You could use the Cell menu item Grouping to change from the default
> Automatic Grouping to Manual Grouping.
>
> I often used to do that. My sad experience, though, is that sooner or
> later this will get you into some sort of trouble, and you'd be much
> better off structuring your notebook so as not to have any such
> "dangling" cells inside a section but outside any subsection.
>
> On May 23, 2013, at 4:10 AM, Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes <emammendes@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I wonder whether it would be possible to write a notebook with the following structure:
>>
>> Section 1
>>
>> Text and Mathematica commands
>>
>> subsection 1.1
>>
>> Text and Mathematica commands
>>
>> subsection 1.2
>>
>> Text and Mathematica commands
>>
>> Text and Mathematica commands (note that part is not inside subsection 1.2 but it is inside Section 1)
>>
>> Section 2

>> I could not figure out how to have "Text and Mathematica commands" after subsection 1.2 but still inside Section 1.

> ---
> Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.edu
> Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
> Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
> University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838 (W)
> 710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
> Amherst, MA 01003-9305

---