Topic: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Replies: 17   Last Post: May 25, 2013 10:09 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs

On May 25, 6:57 pm, rich...@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Richard Tobin) wrote:
> In article <c948ab01-3de4-4753-8182-c53b2531e...@kt20g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
> Graham Cooper  <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >> The result says there are an infinite number of consecutive
> >> primes p(n) and p(n+1), such that p(n+1) - p(n) < 70,000,000.
> >> Two primes are "consecutive" when there are no primes in between
> >> those primes.

> >No it doesn't.  We just proved an arbitrary size succession
> >of composites 10 posts ago!

> You have misunderstood.  The two statements are not contradictory.
>
> -- Richard

OK, but that has more ambiguous wording than Anastasia.

n is SOME IDENTIFIER INDEX out of nowhere...

Not true for all n.

Would read better as p_a and p_b
or p_a(n) and p_b(n)

by merely moving 'such that' a little

The result says there are an infinite number of consecutive
primes such that p(n) and p(n+1) have p(n+1) - p(n) < 70,000,000.

Worse than 'as many as you want'

If someone asks for a ACCURATE NEWSPAPER SUBJECT LINE

then don't feed them bullshit

then repeatedly misconstrue the objections to why it is incorrect.

You MATHNOS have been LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH for 10 YEARS

| R | > | INFINITE LIST ROWS |

proof: 0.4444444454444444544444444445544444444444544445444444..

You're all full of sh!t, and you'll stay that way I'm not helping any
more when your vomitful antics from the same gang of cowards never
stops.

Herc

Date Subject Author
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Aatu Koskensilta
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Graham Cooper
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
David Bernier
Tucsondrew@me.com
[...]
5/25/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
David Bernier
5/25/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Richard Tobin
5/25/13