Topic: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Replies: 36   Last Post: May 31, 2013 9:26 PM

RGVickson@shaw.ca

Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon

On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:15:05 AM UTC-7, 130bcd wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have unsuccessfully tried to find the perimeter of a pentagon. The "radius" to the vertices is 130, which I tried to convert into 5 triangles but I can't find a formula for determining the length of the 3rd side of an isosceles triangle.
>

> The two equal length sides would, of course be 130 and the angle between them would be 72.
>

> Help, please!

Check out the explanatory article in

http://www.math.iastate.edu/thesisarchive/MSM/EekhoffMSMSS07.pdf

It derives all the formulas you need.

Date Subject Author
5/28/13
Read Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
130bcd
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Barry Schwarz
Ken.Pledger@vuw.ac.nz
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Ken.Pledger@vuw.ac.nz
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
David Bernier
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/30/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
RGVickson@shaw.ca
5/31/13
[...]
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Richard Tobin
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Richard Tobin
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/30/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Graham Cooper
5/30/13