Topic: WMytheology � 274
Replies: 21   Last Post: Jun 1, 2013 7:43 PM

gus gassmann

Re: WMytheology § 274

On 31/05/2013 5:38 AM, JT wrote:

> So yyou say that if you have a loaf of bread and make two cuts that
> the resulting pieces do not represent neither 3 pieces and that each
> represent 1/3 of the loaf?

You may use this setup as an _illustration_ of the numbers 3 and 1/3,
but it sure as hell ain't the numbers 3 and 1/3 _themselves_. Look at it
is this way: To my left I have 3 slices of bread on a plate. To my right
I have 3 apples on another plate. Are you going to tell me that the
plates contain the same thing? Or are you trying to tell me that 3 ain't
necessarily equal to 3? Of course not, right?