Topic: Structures within For Loops
Replies: 16   Last Post: Jun 9, 2013 10:54 AM

Mary

Re: Structures within For Loops

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <koqdd3$lm6$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 6/6/2013 10:09 AM, Mary wrote:
> > Thank you both for the help!
> >
> > I ended up resolving my issue by using
> >
> > for i = 1:10
> >
> > round(i).b = etc
> > round(i).g = etc
> >
> > The problem was in my trying to use R=round(i) to shorten how much I
> > needed to type!

> Oh...no wonder you had me confused on intent...
>

> >> lookfor round
> ceil - Round towards plus infinity.
> fix - Round towards zero.
> floor - Round towards minus infinity.
> round - Round towards nearest integer.
>
> ROUND is a builtin function in Matlab; I thought you were
> misunderstanding indices expressions and were (needlessly) forcing an
> integer value somehow...
>
> I strongly suggest using a different variable name instead of aliasing
> the builtin function.

Ah I sincerely apologize. I didn't realize that. My data naming was for a study convention in which round was used as a term for a subset of a trial.

Thank you for the feedback and updating regardless, it is still extremely appreciated