Topic: GUI size problem
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jun 8, 2013 12:46 PM

Ralph Schleicher

Re: GUI size problem

"Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> writes:

> "Cross-Platform Compatible Units
>
> Cross-platform compatible GUIs should look correct on
> computers having different screen sizes and resolutions.
> Since the size of a pixel can vary on different computer
> displays, using the default figure Units of pixels does
> not produce a GUI that looks the same on all platforms."

Sorry, but that's bullshit. The only cross-platform compatible
unit is the pixel. All Matlab GUI's I've written up to now, and
BTW it are many, exclusively use pixel and nothing else, and they
look equal on Linux, Windows, and Mac. The window size in any
unit of length is of course different depending on the screen
resolution but hey, that's why I have a 2560x1600 screen: more
information visible due to less overlapping windows.

--
Ralph