Topic: How to view predicted output in Neural Network?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jun 15, 2013 1:05 PM

Greg Heath

Re: How to view predicted output in Neural Network?

"sakinah badiha masir" wrote in message <kpdaa5$ddf$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Greg Heath" <heath@alumni.brown.edu> wrote in message <kpck05$a2c$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> > > i have viewed the predicted output for NAV, however there suppose to be 96 values of output, but there is only 94 outputs. so, 2 outputs are missing. how do i view the last 2 outputs for t=95 and t=96?

> > The default input and feedback delays are ID = FD = 1:2. Therefore the first two input and target values are loaded in the delay buffer. The resulting outputs are for times 3:96.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Greg

> so, do you mean that if say i have 100 targets and there should be 100 predicted outputs, when i want to view the result, there will be only 98 predicted outputs? is there any means to show the last two outputs? pls help me. thank you

You have 100 targets. Because you want a feedback delay of 2, the first 2 target values are put into the delay buffer. Then when you begin, the first output corresponds to the 3rd target.

In general, the length of the delay buffer is LDB = max([ID FD]) and the number of outputs will be N-LDB.

Hope that helps.

Greg