Topic: unable to use syms and atan2 together
Replies: 7   Last Post: May 23, 2014 8:12 AM

Christopher Creutzig

Re: unable to use syms and atan2 together

On 22.05.14 23:05, Jannick wrote:

> actually I do it this way: in stead of writing q = c.a; w=c.b I use to import the sym structure using EVAL. So the code becomes q=eval(c.a);w=eval(c.b);
>
> Doing so q and w's datatype will be a double.

Unless your solution contains things where eval simply does not work
(for other solve inputs). You might want to try q=double(c.a) instead,
which is the supported way of converting sym into double.

HTH,

Christopher