Topic: Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Replies: 34   Last Post: Jun 21, 2013 6:39 PM

Peter Percival

Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the

Nam Nguyen wrote:
> On 19/06/2013 6:08 PM, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
>> In <w6awt.73520$on6.65325@newsfe18.iad>, on 06/18/2013
>> at 10:05 PM, Nam Nguyen <namducnguyen@shaw.ca> said:
>>

>>> Would you confirm then to you ZFC is the language GCH is written in?
>>
>> If you're talking about GCH in ZFC then ZFC is the language that it is
>> written in. If you're talking about GCH in some ofther set theory then
>> it isn't.

> You don't understand the question: the question has the phrase
> "is written in".
>
> Let me ask you a simpler but more point-blank kind of question: to you,
> is ZFC a language, or not?

The language in question has one binary infix predicate $\in$ and the
usual apparatus of first order logic. That Shmuel Metz calls the
language ZFC is of no significance; it is understood by every reader of
this newsgroup except you.

--
I think I am an Elephant,
Behind another Elephant

Date Subject Author
6/12/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Guest
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Peter Percival
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Peter Percival
6/12/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Alan Smaill
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Peter Percival
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
David Bernier
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Peter Percival
6/12/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
6/13/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
namducnguyen
6/13/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
6/16/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
namducnguyen
6/16/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/17/13
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
namducnguyen
6/18/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/18/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
6/19/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
namducnguyen
6/19/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
namducnguyen
6/19/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/19/13
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
namducnguyen
6/20/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
6/21/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/21/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
namducnguyen
6/21/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/19/13
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
namducnguyen
6/20/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/20/13