Topic: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Replies: 22   Last Post: Jun 20, 2013 9:54 PM

Peter Percival

Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the

Peter Percival wrote:
> Aatu Koskensilta wrote:
>> Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz <spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid> writes:
>>

>>> There are proposition such that neither P nor ¬P is a theorem, and
>>> similary there are propositions such that models exist in which P is
>>> true and other models in which ¬P is true.

>> Your wording here perplexing -- "similarly"? -- since it is a
>> mathematical theorem that P is undecidable in a theory T iff there is a
>> model of T in which P is false and a model of T in which it is false.
>>
>> As a general doctrince, the idea that P is neither true nor false if P
>> is independent of ZFC is merely silly. Surely you don't mean to suggest
>> that for instance "ZFC is inconsistent" is neither true nor false?

> You seemed to have switched from a technical sense of true (true in a
> model) to an informal one. Whether that is a silly attempt at trickery
> on your behalf or a manifestation of your ignorance is hard to tell. So
> what are you: devious or dim?

I am so sorry. I thought I was replying to Nam.

--
I think I am an Elephant,
Behind another Elephant

Date Subject Author
6/13/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Alan Smaill
6/15/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/15/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
Peter Percival
6/15/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the phony limit concept
namducnguyen
6/16/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Aatu Koskensilta
6/17/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
6/17/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
namducnguyen
6/17/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
namducnguyen
6/18/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/18/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/18/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/18/13
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/19/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral #7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Aatu Koskensilta
6/20/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/20/13
Read Re: Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: derivative is inverse to integral
#7 textbook 5th ed. : TRUE CALCULUS; without the
Peter Percival
6/20/13