Topic: photon phase
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jun 17, 2013 8:55 PM

Tom Potter

Re: photon phase

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 6/14/13 8:40 AM, Tom Potter wrote:
>> A "photon" is an EVENT whereby a SPECIFIC wave length of an
>> electromagnetic standing wave shifts one quarter wave length and
>> causes electrons at both ends ( Source and sink.) to shift from one
>> stable state to another.

> (sigh)

Hopefully my pal Sam Wormley can comprehend the following.

A wave is a disturbance of a medium
which transports energy through the medium
without permanently transporting matter.

The following URL models a standing wave
in "stationary medium".
< No energy transport.>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Standing_wave.gif

The following URL models an A.C. source
driving a resistive load <sink>.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Transmission_line_animation.gif
< Energy transport.>

The following URL shows how a quarter wave stub
can be used to MATCH IMPEDANCE so that energy
is absorbed at the terminal point,
rather than reflected.

http://www.arcticpeak.com/images/antenne/diverse/Quarterwavestub.jpg

The maximum energy is transfered from a source to a sink
when the impedance matches.

If the impedance does not match,
some or all of the energy is reflected back toward the source.

--
Tom Potter

http://the-cloud-machine.tk
http://tiny.im/390k