Topic: Formal Proof of Cantor-Bernstein-Schroeder Theorem using DC Proof 2.0
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jun 15, 2013 11:44 AM

Dan Christensen

Re: Formal Proof of Cantor-Bernstein-Schroeder Theorem using DC Proof 2.0

On Jun 15, 2:57 am, Jan Burse <janbu...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Dan Christensen schrieb:

> > Full text at:http://dcproof.com/CBS.htm From the informal
> > introduction:

> > THEOREM (Cantor-Bernstein-Schroeder):
> gr8 work! Congratulations.

Thank you.

> The proof has >1000 lines, could it be made shorter?

Currently at 1,262 lines, it could be made a little shorter. I might
be able to get it under 1000. I will be going through the proof at a
later date to see if I can make some improvements.

> When I was googling I found different operators used
> to yield a fixpoint. The one you were using is found
> on the french wikipedia side, another one is shown
> on the german wikipedia side.

I have a proof of the fixed-point theorem as well (241 lines). I hope
to be releasing it, along with a collection of proofs on orders of
infinity, with an update of my program this summer.