Topic: Getting the plotted data from a graph
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jun 17, 2013 6:18 AM

Louis Talman

Re: Getting the plotted data from a graph

On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 02:24:48 -0600, Lily T. <econactually@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> My question is regarding the plotted data points in a graph. Assume you
> draw a graph of sinx as:
>
> g1 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -Pi, Pi},
> Frame -> True, FrameLabel -> {"x", "y"}, ImageSize -> 2.6*72
> ]
>
> then how can I get all of the data points of this graph by using
> mathematica?
>
> This is really important for me and I couldn't find the answer anywhere
> online!
>
> Thank you for your help in advance!
>
> Best,
> Lily

The instructions

L = {};Plot[L = Append[L, {x, Sin[x]}]; Sin[x],{x, -Pi, Pi}]

capture the data points in L.

--Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>