Topic: Matheology § 291
Replies: 28   Last Post: Jun 19, 2013 5:29 PM

Bergholt Stuttley Johnson

Re: Matheology � 291

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> In this case the question is whether the reals can be well-ordered - and absolutely nothing else! A theory that says yes and no does not contribute soemthing of value.
>
> Look, when I ask what is 5 + 5? You may answer, depending on the axioms, 10 or not 10, then your answer shows just the same kind of value as matheology. The only empty set that has a right to ebe considered is the story of success of set theory.

How many lines can be drawn through
any point not on a given line parallel
to the given line in a plane?

Euclidean geometry: 1
Hyperbolic geometry: >= 2
Elliptic geometry: 0

WM: "Geometry does not contribute something of value."

You are an idiot!

--