Topic: Common Core Algebra Textbooks
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jun 20, 2013 12:17 PM

MMerwin5@aol.com

Re: Common Core Algebra Textbooks
att1.html (2.3 K)

I'm sticking with Holt Algebra l and supplementing as necessary. Lesson learned this year teaching Common Core to grades 5 - 8, there are not many of the text books that are labelled "Aligned to the Common Core" that are actually true to their word. They just put the new standards into the old text book and added "Additional Topics" to cover what wasn't in there. If you can, wait until next year when the publishers will have time to figure things out.

~ Margaret Merwin
St. Mary's Academy
Hoosick Falls, NY

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Wittenstein <wittymath@aol.com>
To: nyshsmath <nyshsmath@mathforum.org>
Sent: Tue, Jun 18, 2013 11:33 pm
Subject: Common Core Algebra Textbooks

I need to decide what math textbook for our (small private) school to use next
ear for the new Common Core Algebra Regents. I have looked at Glencoe, Holt,
nd Pearson.
If anyone can let me know what their school is doing, that would be most
elpful. Feel free to message me privately (wittymath@aol.com) if you don't want
o post to list serve.
Thank you,
dam Wittenstein

Read prior posts and download attachments from the web archives at
http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.jspa?forumID=671