Topic: Re: Grading Regents Proofs
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jun 20, 2013 7:57 AM

ElizWaite@aol.com

Re: Grading Regents Proofs
att1.html (5.1 K)

Evan,
Teachers are absolutely allowed to grade the tests of the subject they teach as long as the test they grade is not their own student. Our whole department graded most of the tests with teachers of particular students passing the test on to another teacher if it was their student.
For calculus, I absolutely was allowed to write a more detailed key for the non-calculus teachers who graded the exams - I was told clearly I was allowed to "train" them in grading my exam and they were allowed to ask me general questions about how to do problems if issues arose. All of those keys had to be stored with the SLO and no notes from grading or anything from student papers could be taken from the room, but we were allowed to do it.
The different interpretations about how to go about grading without grading your own students' papers is very frustrating. This can only be 'bad' for kids.
Liz

Elizabeth Waite
AMTNYS Coordinator of Reps